The Swan Room is an elegant parlor just off the main room on the first floor of the museum. It is dedicated to the late Mary Swan, the last member of the swan family whose influence on the city spans the years from 1876 to present. Her Grandfather, Dr. George E. Swan discovered a spring in what is now Swan Park and built Vita Park. Vita Park was a showplace with beautiful views and a fine hotel. Her father George B. Swan was a prominent attorney and a charter member of the Dodge County Historical Association. All three generations lived in the landmark yellow house at the corner of Vita and Park Avenue. The parlor is furnished with the original parlor set purchased by Dr. Swan as well as artifacts and pictures form all three generations.